Voting

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas Gift and Decorating Ideas!

I'm including some gift giving ideas as well as just some pictures of my favorite things from At Home America!  Enjoy!

Above I have a couple of pictures of our Absolutely Red Heritage Bowls.  In the top one you have the two mixing bowls with a cookie jar mix and cookie cutters.  Which would be a perfect gift for a neighbor with small children (or grandchildren).  I had a complete brain fart in the second photo which I intended to add some white mixing spoons with the cookie jar mix.  Again a great gift for a teacher or friend... perhaps the mother-in-law who has almost everything.  You could also include a stack of recipe cards tied in Christmas ribbon!

This decorative plate would be a nice gift for newlyweds, grandparents, wives, anyone you would love to have a long future with you.  It's pictured on the Wright Brothers Clock stand (which is one of the ways that clock is so incredibly versatile).  I was thinking today that newlyweds rarely register for Christmas items which makes decorating somewhat costly in the first years of marriage... so why not give Christmas decorations as a gift that they will get years of enjoyment out of?

Above is the Westminster Lighting Company Antique Copper Lantern with removable tealight holders.  On its own it's an impressive lantern.  But to "jazz" it up a bit for Christmas try this...

By adding a bit of rafia and a few pieces of the Silent Night, Holy Night Nativity set you now have a complete stable set!  If you're wondering why the Baby Jesus is missing, it's because He doesn't come until Christmas and is placed in the manger before unwrapping Christmas presents!

Can I just say that I.HEART.THE.SHEEP. in this Nativity?  'Cause I really, really do!  My neighbor, and new friend, Carol got this nativity set with her hostess credit.  She collects nativity sets, which I think is wonderful!  Honestly, I want to start a tree collection (actually more of a tree farm), but how much better to have a reminder in each room of the house what Christmas is actually about?  Love it!

This picture isn't the best because it makes my walls look grayish when in reality they're more sagey.  I love this combination of wall art.  I wasn't completely convinced from looking at them in the catalog that I would like these pictures, especially the Heartfelt Favorites Christmas Memory (the bottom picture) but I really like it in real life.  So of course the same thing is happening with this picture that you can't get the full effect, but trust me on this... it's fab.  Once you decide to trust me on that fact that it truly is fabulous, you'll want to book a party and get it free (it's one of our booking bonus items and you'll want it)!
Oh, and the stars on the wall stay up year around. They're handle pulls that I bought at an amazing store in Waverly called Millie Mays... unfortunately she's gone out of business. :(

One of my favorites is the Rustic Reindeer and I love them paired up and surrounding the tree.  They really are fun!  And I should note that my fingers are beginning to cramp so my descriptions might (will) be getting shorter.


More lanterns, this time with a stand!  Love these also!  They're huge!  The top one The Chateau by Gaslight has 8 ball ornaments and a star ornament just a little smaller than my hand... it's no where near full that's how big it is!!  The second lantern is called the Chateau by Moonlight lantern and it's pictured with two of our Forever Glow candles which are battery operated, but still have a vanilla scent to them!  The candles are 4x6" and 3x4" and you never have to worry about them around kiddos.  Plus they flicker so they look like "real" candles.  Genius.
Lastly I have pictured the 24 Pocket Countdown Tradition which is stretched above the entry of our kitchen and just shy of the length of our dinning room.  It's huge.  Each pocket is 5 1/2"SQ.  So assuming I did my math correctly (and that's a big assumption) it's 11 feet long when the pockets are side by side (no swooshing). Of course there's plenty of room for 5 pieces of candy for each of the Turkey Bottoms, but what I'm most excited about is writing out 24 for Bible verses leading up to the birth of Christ to share with the kiddos.  Can't wait!

Ok, so that's all for now folks!  Love what you see?  Order online at www.athome.com/kellydriscoll or email me at kellydathome@hotmail.com to book a show and get your favorites free!  November and December are double hostess points months... meaning you double the amount of free homewares earned!  Think of all the Christmas gifts and decorating you can get done for free!!  :)

No comments: