Voting

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Barely survived a deer attack.

If I've failed to mention (and we all know that I haven't) I'm having an open house this weekend unveiling my Christmas goodies from At Home America... you know the ugly/fabulous Christmas Sweater Par-tay!!  Well, I have a vision for my 7-Tier Bowl Rack with Baskets...

When you look at in the photo above it's used for laundry/cleaning supplies which is one great use for it... but I've seen it with poinsettas coming out of it and I love it!  The end result is a super festive poinsetta Christmas tree!! But, honestly I'm not sure if I'm going to have the time or the money to buy enough silk poinsettas before Saturday morning rolls around.  I keep forgetting how many Christmas decorations we lost in the floods this past summer.  And before I go into a rant about losing 10 Christmas stockings... man did they smell... I will start getting to the point of our great pinecone hunt.
In complete Turkey Bottom style we decided to go on a nature hike and pick up pinecones along the way.  I wanted to see what they'd look like in the baskets.  Ben takes us to a county park and we trek through the woods.  We go down a long path and before long discover that there is not a single evergreen tree in the entire park!  We decide to finish going down the path and back to the van before we go to another park looking for pine cones.   On our way back Ben picks a short cut that leads us through thorny overgrowth and down trees.  Poor Gabe keeps tripping ... but in the most adorable fashion.  He would fall down and jump up and say, "I ok.  I ok, Mommy."  On the sixth fall (not exaggerating) as he's laying sprawled out on the ground he looks back at me and says, "You alright Mommy?"  I laugh and assure him that I'm just fine.  "Alright, Mommy?  You alright?"  He asks again.  In the meantime Benjamin has a stick-turned-gun and is shooting all of the bad animals and telling a long drawn out story about how if a deer tries to bite me he will kill it with his gun... but it's not a real gun Mommy... so if a real deer really tries to bite me or even eat me... I will be ok because he can beat the deer with his stick that really is a stick and not a gun.  By the grace of God a deer never attacked me.  Whew...did better then the guy in the clip below!!

No comments: