Voting

Sunday, January 30, 2011

They blew us away ... and then we blew them away... and then they blew us away...

Oh what a night weekend!
I have to tell you that I am Tired... that's tired with a capital T!  I am also very excited and a bit overwhelmed!  For those of you who are wondering what in the heck I'm typing about well did you ever miss out!  I am returning home from Chicago after spending the weekend at the At Home America Independence Forum!  It was my understanding that I was going to conference to network and to learn how to "grow" my business.  I had been at the home office back in October and had met the co-owners Becky and Lisa and knew that while we were going to be getting some valuable advice I also knew that it wouldn't be short on fun!
Now I know that most of you don't want to hear about the valuable business advice.  You don't care to hear about the 5, that's FIVE, things that I need to remember about bookings or mentoring...
So here's what I will share.  The conference was started with Lisa Brandau praying for God's blessing on the conference and she didn't just pray to anyone she prayed in the name of Christ.  I seriously was in tears.  Mostly because she prayed for those of us with sick ones at home and I of course missed Jack immediately.  But, I was still absolutely blown away about a "secular" business who made it a priority to pray.  Love that.

Some of the fun things that they announced was the opportunity to earn a 2011 Jeep Patriot.  Don't you love that they picked a name like "Patriot" ... perfect for AtHome America!
Not quite big enough for a family of seven... but still would be wonderful to have for HomeShows!  And really who's going to complain about earning a Blackberry Pearl Jeep Patriot?  It's also going to come with a personalized AtHome America logo on it!  So you'll see me coming! :)

You may remember reading on Facebook when I completed Levels 1,2 & 3 of New Kids on the Block which was apparently getting confused with these guys...
and so they switched the name The FasTrack.  Not only did they change the name they included some amazing benefits to it.  Which includes earning a flip video camera!!  Are you kidding me??  How great is that?  I could use one of those so I'm considering quitting and starting up in 6 months just so I can earn it! ;)  I know some of you are thinking ... does that mean that we'll have 6 months of not hearing about how much love you have for AtHome America??  Fat chance!!!

I also won a fabulous red AtHome America hoodie!!  If you know me then you know how much I love hoodies!!!!  I just had to come up with some creative ideas about how to use a business card!  I had 2 pages of ideas, no one else stood a chance! :)

Is anyone else having a hard time concentrating on what I'm writing because you can't rip your eyes away from The New Kid's hair?  It's like a train wreck... you don't want to look, but you can't take your eyes off of it!  I used to think the one in the red and black coat was so hot!  Ugh...

So now is the time that you've been waiting for!!  How in the world did we (Julayne and I) blow away everyone at the convention?  Well, it all started on a "field trip" to Michigan City, Indiana.  The company took us to the event center for dinner and had a DJ... it was loud and Julayne had a headache.  A large crowd was on the dance floor dancing in a relatively mild manner.  When the music is on I have a really hard time not shaking my groove thang, but I didn't want to ditch Julayne either.  As the night was coming to a close I was egging Julayne on to dance.  She disgustedly replied that if I wanted to dance I could, but she wasn't going to "Because I don't dance..."  That's when a wonderful idea bloomed in my mind and as soon as I whispered it into Julayne's ear she chuckled and couldn't resist...

Much to the surprise of those already on the dance floor we bounded onto the scene in a display unknown to mankind.  In a mad mixture of the "Running Man" the "Sprinkler" and of "Dropping it like it's hot" and to joy of those in attendance we broke out moves never seen before and never to be repeated this side of heaven.  Apparently before either of us knew what was happening half the dance floor belonged to us.  Yes, people were in awe and perhaps for their safety they were forming a half circle around us.  With no time to be embarrassed, the laughter and cheers of the crowd pushed us on to new heights of dancedom.  Soon, Tim Curry, Vice President of AtHome America joined us in the Running Man!  It.was.amazing.  So amazing in fact, that the next morning as we walked past our peers the nicknamed us "The Headbangers" and laughed and shook their heads as we passed by... yes, we indeed took their breath away and left an impression in their heads that they will never forget!  Hopefully, the videos of our dance performance won't make it onto YouTube... but if it does, you'll find the link here... :)
New Kids On The Block should take some lessons from us!
Tim's got moves... how much do I love it?!?!?!?!  I love my face in this picture!
This one should really be towards the beginning because I still have my sweatshirt on... but I love this because you think that Julayne is being timid... when in fact she is doing a major "Push The Cow" move here!  Ali behind me is also a little dismayed at my close closeness to her! :)

4 comments:

Julayne said...

O.M.W! It was so amazing...we are so amazing... At Home America is so AMAZING!!!!

Julayne said...

Not only do I love your face in the last pic....but what the heck is going on with MY face?? Hilarious! And those are some serious moves on Tim's part....

Anonymous said...

Excellent, what a webpage it is! This website provides helpful information
to us, keep it up.

Here is my homepage ... social bookmarking service

Anonymous said...

e cigarette, electronic cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, electronic cigarette, e cigarette, electronic cigarettes