Voting

Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Diet Diaries - Day #1

Well, everyone has the same resolution(s) as I do right?  I need to lose some weight, stop being lazy, be a better wife, mom, keeper of the home, do my devotions more consistently, spend more time in prayer, win a trip to Cancun, be top in sales on my At Home America team every month this year... you know we're all thinking the same things.

So today I start my diary.  Well, sorta start my diet.  Last year on the same day I started a weight challenge with my mom, sister, brother-in-law and husband.  Krista won... though I swear if the boys didn't end up in the hospital for the last 10 days of the diet I would have been a real contender.  I lost 19lbs.  I have them all back this year... maybe even plus a few extras.  I think Ma is the only one who really kept the weight off and lost more after the challenge was over.  So I declare her the true winner... hope that stings Krista! ;)

I don't want to keep doing this every year.  You know start off with a bang and then when Easter rolls around and those evil Cadbury Cream Eggs start sprouting up I fall to their temptation.  As a matter-of-fact Ben brought me home one today... Really?  It's January 1st you bawking bunny rabbit... give a girl a chance to start her diet before you destroy it!!!

I spent some time reflecting on what got me to the state that I'm in... not that I think I'm Gianormacon or anything... put I got me some blubber I could rid myself of...

So how did I get here?

First, here is my before picture... I'm 2nd on the right.  This was taken while at college about a year or so before I married Ben.

Ok, so here are a few theories as to why I've increased in girthiness...
2003

2004

2005

2008

2009
 So perhaps those mostly adorable faces have something to do with why I'm a little rounder in the middle...
Or perhaps it had something to do with...
I got 5 boxes of these for Christmas!!

I love this man... well, his food any how.

I honestly bought a whole box of these either last year or the year before.  It was not cheap.

I wish I could blame this addiction on Ben...  
 So here's what I'm thinking... If I cut out the pregnancies and one of my biggest temptations I'll do a lot better.  I'm sure I should also exercise, but let's not get too ridiculous!

Actually I should exercise more and eat less... but not like last time where I was so obsessive that I counted every little calorie, starved and exercised 3 times a day... weighed myself a ton and stressed out if I didn't lose anything... no I'm pretty sure that's what caused me to fail.  I could only do that for a few months before I fell off the wagon.  I would love to make a "lifestyle" change, but really I don't need to be a twig.  I would like to lose the third chin and the belly... but if not I have full assurance that my hubs thinks I'm one hot mama and that's what really counts in my book!

2 comments:

Nathan said...

A whole box of Cadbury Eggs? Really? That is so awesome!

And please don't cut out HuHot. They are awesome and need people like us to keep supporting them.

I hope everything else is going well. It's so hard to exercise indoors (for me at least). So my weight loss plans are on hold until the end of March.

Ben and Kelly Turkey said...

Yes, a whole box. And to my shame I barely shared any and didn't have to freeze too many of them because I consumed them like nobody's business! IF I ever do anything like that again I believe I will wait until they're 50% off after Easter!

I don't think I could cut HuHot out. We don't eat out very often, but when we do it always has my vote!

It's so hard for me to exercise period! :P