Voting

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A way in the wilderness... streams in the wasteland

 I am the LORD, your Holy One,
Israel’s Creator, your King.”

  This is what the LORD says—
he who made a way through the sea,
a path through the mighty waters,
who drew out the chariots and horses,
the army and reinforcements together,
and they lay there, never to rise again,
extinguished, snuffed out like a wick:
“Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.
The wild animals honor me,
the jackals and the owls,
because I provide water in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland,
to give drink to my people, my chosen,
 the people I formed for myself
that they may proclaim my praise.
Isaiah 43:15-21


As we have been put on hold with Jack's Cystic Fibrosis test I am finding myself with a peace that transcends all understanding... a comfort in knowing that my God is making a way in the wilderness, streams in the wasteland that we might proclaim His praise.  As I wonder what the outcome be I find that one of the most exciting things of this trial is that I am forced to rely on The One who formed my Jack Henry in my womb... The One who knit him together (curls and all) and knows exactly what is going on with my beautiful beautiful baby boy!

We shall wait until the 26th... neither anxious or worried, but trusting and peaceful.  And no matter what comes as a result of the tests we know that He will hold us up with His mighty right hand.

As I told my dear friend Angie... Jack's breathing problems have revived my relationship with my Savior and in that I rejoice.  Please continue to pray for our boy and if you don't understand the hope that is within us... the peace that we carry and the joy that we have know that we are here to share our hearts with you.

4 comments:

Nana Mama said...

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7

Amen Kelly... I'm joining in your prayers.

The Berryman Family said...

Love this post.

Ben and Kelly Turkey said...

Nana Mama - Thanks so much for the prayers and for the reminder that His PEACE will guard my heart. I have been spending quite a bit of time in Phil. as of late and chapters 2 & 4 are so rich!

Ben and Kelly Turkey said...

Callie-
Love that comment!