Voting

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

No towing means...

Blizzards and cars = stupidity.
The other night at dinner Ben grumbles about the coming snow storm that promised to turn into a blizzard.  I'm not a big fan of his job when it's snowing... at all other times I love it almost as much as he does... anywhoo, he starts telling us that his day will go something like this:
Driver found in ditch: "I'm ok, I'm going to call for a tow truck."
Officer Hubs: "I'm sorry, but because of the weather there's a Tow Ban.  You'll have to come with me."
Driver: "Well, I'd rather get my car out so I'm going to call for a tow truck."
Officer Hubs: "You can call for a tow truck, but they can't come and get you because there's a Tow Ban."
Driver Idiot: "Well, that's ok I can have my buddy come tow me out."
O.H.: "No.  You'll have to come with me.  Your buddy can't come get you.  There's no towing because of the weather."
Idiot: "I have a lot of stuff with me.  So, I'll just wait here."
O.H.: *deep breath, count to ten, pray that I don't punch idiot in the face* "You have to come with me.  I will take you.  I will not take your stuff and you cannot get a tow truck.  Please, get into my car."

And so it goes.  By the end of the story he's pounding on table saying, "NO TOWING MEANS NO TOWING!"
The kids and I were laughing... out and out giggling at the show that Daddy was putting on for us.
When it was done Chubba asks what a tow truck is... I go into a long description about a truck that has a hook on the back that he attaches to cars that have gone into a ditch, had an accident or maybe broke down along the side of the road.  Chubba is confused and finally says... "That kinda sounds like Mater."

Ahhh.  Mater.  If only I would have thought of that.  Would have saved me 5 minutes of my life.  At least I can be sure that he knows what we were talking about when he was laughing like a maniac.

So today at lunch Hannah prays that no one will go in the ditch and ask Daddy to get a tow truck because (the kids say in unison) "NO TOWING MEANS NO TOWING!"  Gabe even slammed his fists on the table like Daddy.  :)

So the blizzard rages on and some of you in real life will drive against wisdom.  Some of you will drive too fast or take your eyes off the road or try to pass someone or will simply hit a patch of ice and find yourself in the ditch.  Let me tell you that if an officer pulls up and stops to take you to safety... you should be exceedingly grateful.  Chances are he has children at home praying that he'll come home and that he'll be safe on the roads.  And so while you may not have made the best choices and find yourself in need of a tow during a Tow Ban... the only reason he's on the road is to help you. 

No comments: