Voting

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Roscoe teaches me a hard lesson in parenting.

Hannah, Benjamin, Emma with Roscoe and Sally 
We said goodbye to our dog, Roscoe, today.

We know that it will be a good thing for Jack... so that he won't have to deal with allergies on top of his other ailments.
Gabriel and Roscoe
We know that it will save us some money and it will save me some time... see ya dog hair!
We know that it will be nice for Roscoe to be on a farm again.
This is about how much Roscoe cares about your personal bubble!
We're so so so happy that he didn't have to go to the Humane Society.  We're also very thankful that his new family said that we can stop by for visits when we visit Grandma Cyndee and Papa Larry.
Emma and "Fatscoe"

But, it's hard to say goodbye.  Especially for Emma.  She wept.  It brings tears to my eyes even now. While doing what was best for Jack Henry we had to break the heart of our Emmy Lou.  When it was a choice between the dog and our baby boy it wasn't even a choice... Jack wins.  The sacrifice for Jack effects everyone.  Some more than others.
Hannah said that she might be a little sad.
Benjamin and Gabe seemed relatively oblivious.
Ben wasn't exactly emotional.
I cried.
Yet, I cried because behind me in the van a little girl was sobbing.
Emma and Hannah with Roscoe!

I know that Emma will heal from this... I wonder if I will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emma has a tender heart and it will heal so hang in there Sticker.