Voting

Monday, October 8, 2012

No, I'm not expecting!!

Two people asked me today if I was expecting.  I am not.  Not really.  Well, obviously, not at all...

But, we would love your prayers.  Please, please, please!

Sunday at church a man, who is also a lawyer, announced that he was looking for a couple that might be interested in adopting a baby that's due in 2 months.  I took one look at Ben and he said something like , "Yes, I know."  And he does, he knows.

We tried to approach the man after church, but another man was already discussing the situation with him.  My heart dropped.  Ben immediately told me not to worry about it and that God's will would be done.  I later texted the man's wife about the baby.  It seems as though the biological grandma may keep the baby. 

And so we continue to wait.

Last night at small group Pastor Not Woman told us that he knew of another baby that is in need of a family.  Apparently the young woman's parents want her to abort her child. 

Break.my.heart.

She has an appointment with Planned Parenthood on Wednesday. 

I wept.

I believe that God can do anything.  He can move mountains.  He can perform miracles.  He can change appointments.  He can spare the life of this baby.  Of a baby we would dearly love to have as our own.  Pray that as God continues to knit the baby together that He might also be knitting into the heart of the mom and grandparents that there are other options. 

Please Lord.

So no, I'm not expecting in the traditional sense of the word.  But, I am waiting in expectation of God's will to be done and praying that He will protect my heart while protecting the life of this precious life.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing woman! The End.