Voting

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Prayer changes things...

I wrote yesterday sharing that Ben and I were hoping to adopt a baby.  I mentioned that the mother's parents were wanting her to abort the baby and that she has an appointment at Planned Parenthood on Wednesday.

We have been praying and asking for all of you to pray that God would persevere the life of this precious little one. 

I asked that you might pray that God would protect my heart.

Today, we found out that the mom has changed her mind.  There will be no abortion!  But, there will also be no adoption.  She is planning on keeping her child.   I can only assume that this will be best for the child.  I will continue to pray for both mother and child and that God will use this situation to bring them both (and the grandparents) to the throne of the King.

I rejoice in knowing that this child will have a chance to breathe, a chance to cry, a chance to laugh, a chance to dance, a chance to fall down, a chance to run, a chance to love, a chance to hurt,  a chance to learn and a chance to fail.  I rejoice in all these things because they are all a part of life.  And in all these things this child will have the opportunity to praise God and grow into the person that God intends.

Thank you for your prayers.  I may never know this child, but he/she has already won my heart.

 

No comments: