Voting

Monday, October 29, 2012

Weary Mama

I cannot get Jack potty trained.

He turned 3 in September and for the life of me I cannot get him to go on the potty.  He will sit on it if I put him on it.  He may or may not go.  He's gone #1 the most, but occasionally has gone #2.

But, he.will.not. do it on his own.

He pees in his underwear and cries, but it doesn't motivate him to do it on his own.

We've tried all of our tricks that we did on the other kids.  We've tried asking him if he wants to be a big boy like Daddy, Benjamin and Gabe.  He couldn't care less.

We've given him treats when he didn't go in his pants and have tried punishing when he did go in his pants.
Doesn't make a lick of a difference.

Hannah essentially potty trained Emma when she yelled at her, "You're not four!  I'm four!  Four year olds don't poop their pants."  Emma went on the potty from then on.

Don't think for a second that I haven't considered having Gabe yell at Jack the same way!

We've done the whole set up with the baby doll that drinks water and has to pee.  We have the baby pee in the potty and then have Jack do the same thing.  He thought that was so fun... for 30 minutes.  He lost interest and was gone.

Each Turkey Bottom is so different from the one before.  I keep having delusions that eventually I have to have something figured out.  Turns out that the next child humbles me.  I may think that I know a lot about raising kids, but I don't.  I think God wants me to completely rely on His wisdom. 

He created them.  He knows even better than I do how they tick!  He has perfect timing and sometimes all He needs is for me to ask!  If I would just ask Him what in the world He wants me to do to get this kid to stop pooping in his pants. 

I know. I know.  I've disgusted some of you.  But, it's true.  God cares about me.  He cares about the frustration that I'm having with this boy who (in my opinion) is way too old to be in a diaper.  He knows that I'm concerned about the cost of having a kid in diapers.  He knows that I'm weary after changing diapers for over 9 years straight and that for 6 1/2 of those years I had multiple turkeys in diapers!  My Abba Father truly cares about the things that concern my heart.

He desires me to walk with Him through the drudgery of the every day.  He understands the weariness of motherhood!  So Mama, what's weighing on your heart?  Are you walking with your Creator? 

No comments: