Voting

Friday, September 28, 2012

Changes

School is almost done for the day.  Just a couple of spelling tests for the girls and then to help Benjamin through a few phonics exercises. The house is full of the scent from a Vanilla Bean candle in the TV room and a Heaven Scent candle in the kitchen.  Lunch will be coming out of the oven in the matter of minutes and Hotsauce will be home in a few hours.

The boys are racing and crashing their Hotwheels into each others and bickering about all sorts of different things.  Hannah is curled up on the chaise lounge with a book, while Emma is playing by herself in her room.  I'm sure that she's in a land of her own making.

In the past week I've put out all of my fall decor which reminds me of At Home America and the bad taste it's left in my mouth.  I quickly try to remember the many ways that God blessed our family through AHA and choose to focus on the good. 

The back door is open and there's a crisp breeze that occasionally blows through.  Another reminder that fall is here and soon we will be closed up inside for the winter. 

For the first time in weeks I woke up being able to breathe out of my nose instead of my mouth.  I have only blown my nose a few times and the "snot" that had been draining out of my eyes seems to have dried up.  Praise the Lord!

Today is the last day that the Driscolls will be 7 as tomorrow we will grow to 8.  Julayne will be here for a matter of time that we have not determined.  And we keep reminding each other that it's a great adventure that we are on.  It's much like adding a new baby to the mix.  Every night before I went in for a scheduled c-section I would be filled with a full range of emotions.  Of course there was the excitement and the joy of adding a new member to our family.  The anticipation of seeing the baby's face for the first time and holding it to my chest made me lose sleep at times.  But, then realizing how much I love my family just the way it is and how once the baby is born it will never be the same brings a feeling of ... of ... I'm not sure how to explain it. The new baby adds new demands and new opportunities to pour my life into this new little soul.  After adding five souls to our family and having the family dynamics change five different times the one thing that remains the same:
We would never ever ever choose to go back and have things the way the were.

So we prepare this day for a new sister (of sorts) to move into our ever growing family.  And while we know that we will have to make adjustments and that the family dynamics will change... we also know that God intends for this to be a time of great blessings.

No comments: