Voting

Friday, February 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Cheers!

One of my great petpeeves in life is when people make comments about the size of my family... at least in the negative.  One of my great joys in life is when people make comments about  the size of my family... in the positive of course.  :)
How many times have I heard people say that having as many kids as I do would drive them nuts.  Or they can't "handle" the ones they have and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... Honestly.  I don't care if you have 2 kids or 14 kids. Leave us alone.

Rant done.

For now.

But, one thing that I do know is that sometimes I think having 5 kids is far more fun than having less than 5 kids.  There I said it.  Want a great example?  Here's one of the best that I can think of... Yesterday was my anniversary.  Ben was working 2nd shift.  We had Awana and life is always rushed.  I had zero motivation to cook.  After spending 20 minutes standing in the pantry looking for something that would spark my cooking interest I gave up.

I decided to make peanut butter toast.  I even texted Bethany to get another mom's approval. :)

When I announced that we were having peanut butter toast for supper ... ALL FIVE KIDS ERRUPTED IN APPLAUSE!!!  Granted, Jack Henry was being a bit of a crowd follower, perhaps Gabriel too.  But, they were genuinely excited!

Think about it... when was the last time that you were completely lazy and five of the most adorable faces shone with glee and admiration for you.

Yep, mother of the year award right here.  Probably because I get more votes than most people, but that's not the point! :)

1 comment:

Julayne said...

that's awesome! and you're kids are awesome, too... :)