Voting

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Random Things That I Love!

There are a few things that have caught my attention lately that I believe some of my huge following would love to check out!  So I'm just going to post a few things here and if you do decide to take my advice and check them out let me know.  I'm thinking about doing this once a month or so... don't be surprised if you see a shameless AtHome America plug!  :)

I'm going to start off in the kitchen because this one has caught me off guard with how much I LURRRVVVEEE it!  It's called Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Seasoning.
Tonight I replaced my usual "shakey cheese" and used Jane's Krazy good Mixed-Up Salt on my homemade pizza.  Delish!  I use this in almost every thing that season!

Next item that I love I discovered at Grandma Nana's house.  We rarely buy ice cream, but going to Nana's house almost always means that we will have a Schwan's Sundae Cone... but recently she purchased something special...
This beauty is Schwan's Raspberry Rumble ... oh.my.word.  Listen this description:
Triple count perfection in this raspberry bonanza. SCHWAN'S® famous vanilla ice cream is marbled with rivers of deep red raspberry puree swirl and kicked-up with raspberry coated crunchy-clusters. The wild extravagance of raspberry-filled chocolate truffles will put you over the top. Get ready to rumble.
You can buy some yumminess here. 

Ok, leaving the kitchen for a bit.  Some of my favorite blogs...

My girl Sarah and I are tight... even though she has no idea who I am... she's my go to girl for ideas and inspiration when it comes to decorating.  I believe that she's one of the most well known decor bloggers around and my favorite part is that she's thrifty!  Perhaps that's why her blog is called Thrifty Decor Chick.  You can find her here!  Tell her Mama D from Turkey Bottom Haven sent you... if nothing else we'll confuse her! :)

Another new favorite is Funky Junk Interiors they're a little more... well "funky" and one of those one person's trash is another person's treasure type of sites.

 I love it, because my heart starts thumping and bumping when I see a piece of "junk" and turn it into something wonderful.  Even Ben caught the fever when last Spring I started pulling old windows out of the ditches off gravel roads... he laughed at first, but before the end of the summer he was looking for old chairs and talked a friend out of sending some to the dump.  Our neighbors even got a kick out of it when they were throwing things into the dumpster after the floods and Ben and I both made them stop a few times so we could use it!!  Love that.

Perhas that's why I have fallen head over heals for American Pickers!!!!!  Love this show!  
 Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz star in this show on the History Channel... though at our house we watch it on Netflix for the Wii.  "Pickers" go on the road and find what we would call "junk yards" or even hoarders and they pick through rusty gold until they find things for their shop.  Their shop just happens to be in Leclair, Iowa!  Shout out for Iowa!!  Mike has a thing for bicycles, while Frank is obsessed with oil cans... they find them and resell them for a profit.  Some day Ben and I will be pickers!  It's the American Dream after all!  :)

Ok, you've been warned about this last one.  I love, love, love some a few pretty much all of AtHome America's Limited Time only Easter Seasonal items... you can find them here!!!  Of course you could always host your own show and earn them FREE!!  Or starting in March you can order them on my website http://www.athome.com/kellydriscoll.  Enjoy!

No comments: