Voting

Monday, December 6, 2010

My Baby Girl Turns 6!

After finding out that I was pregnant with child number two I immediately hoped that it would be another girl.  There was nothing that I wanted more than a sister for Hannah!  My sister, Krista, is my best friend... though it hasn't always been that way (perhaps another blog for another day!) and I wanted the same for Hannah.  And so my prayer was answered on December 6th of 2003!
Emma Elizabeth was as beautiful as she was feisty from the day she was born!  The girl is spir-it-ted!!!  And yet at the same time she is incredibly gentle and compassionate and truly lovely.  She is my encourager and my baby girl.  My Lou.
She loves Jesus, Barbie, Hippo, Gus, Monkey, un-matchey clothes, bling-bling and her best friend, Hannah.  Emma loves her baby brother Jack and tries to entertain and love on him more than any of the other Turkeys.  And she makes us laugh... oh does the girl make us laugh.  And recently she becomes extremely embarrassed when we bust out laughing when she says something funny... ahhhh, mother like daughter!

On her Golden Birthday, as per tradition, Emma was able to pick what we would have for lunch and supper.  For lunch we had Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches and Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes.  She wanted a Christmas tree Birthday cake, but I couldn't find one and I'm not a talented cake-baker...
For supper she picked her favorite (as well as Daddy's favorite) meal... Mac and Cheese with hot dogs, raw carrots and broccoli with Ranch Dressing and Garlic bread.  And for her actual birthday cake we found a snowman ice cream cake.  Oh, and Julayne blessed us all with a song and dance called the "Ice Cream Cake"... I guess it's a commercial?
 I bought it at Walmart and while it's not the most fabulous looking cake it was pretty delish... tasted exactly like a Dairy Queen cake... perhaps cheaper... not absolutely sure on that though.  She also received some Barbie stuff tonight which she loves and I will continue to live my childhood out through her as Barbies were something that I always wanted more of... someday I will tell you of my friend, Maggie's Magical Barbie World.
Until check this out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpzwbcrKDFs

2 comments:

Sharlyn Guthrie said...

I can't believe your 2nd oldest is 6! She sounds adorable. Someday I'll have to meet your clan -again. They have changed and grown so since I met them the first time! Come see us while Tyson and Sarah are here!

Ben and Kelly Turkey said...

We would love to come and see you all! I have yet to meet Olive and would love to before she turns 6! :)