Voting

Friday, December 3, 2010

Hannah the writer...

In Hannah's free time she has decided to write letters.  Lots of letters.  The first letter she wrote was to me and here's what she wrote:

Dear Mommy,
I know how hard it is with 5 kids.  That's why i like to help you.  I'm sorry that in school i quit.  Pleasle take my apology?  Your the Best Mommy ever.  I Love you.  Emma Love's you.  Congratulations!  that's all.
Love Hannah

I cried like a little baby when I read the line about her quitting in school.  The girl is really hard on herself when it comes to doing well in school.  She rarely quits, unless of course it has to do with Art.  Also I'm not sure why she congratulated me at the end... but I'll take it!

Here's a letter to her friend Anika.

Dear Anika, I hope your having fun in school.  gess what i'm leanring latin this year. My Mom is selling at home America.  It's were you host a party.  Emma loves Honey Nut Cheerios.  I got a new winter hat and a pair of gloves wint with it.  Me and Emma share a room like you.  Here's a peom Roses are red, Violets are blue, And i love you.  Love Hannah.

I love that she mentions At Home America and Honey Nut Cheerios.  Honey Nut Cheerios are on the same level in Emma's world that At Home America is in mine!!  I hope that Ben doesn't get a hold of this letter before Hannah has a chance to give it to Anika or Hannah will be erasing the line that says "Me and Emma" ... he's a stickler for "Emma and I". 

And now a letter for cousins in Idaho:

Dear Rebekah, Dan, everybody.
We are realy good.  Pray for the Kapler's because Christian is a way and Tanya had a baby boy named Josiah Adolf Kapler.  We miss you a lot lot lot.  Din't you know Mama works for the at home America?  gessing no.  At home America is were you host a party.  We love you all. 
Love Ben Kelly Hannah Emma Benjamin Gabe Jack.

Hmmmm. There's a theme in these letters...
Don't you love how she wants the Frank's to pray for the Kaplers because the baby boy is named Josiah Adolf Kapler!! ;)  Too funny.

She's also becoming quite the author of short stories!  Here are a few that I just found and read this morning:

"Benjamin and Hannah Emma Gabe"
Once upon a time Benjamin went to Hannah's house.  Emma and Gabe were already there.  Benjamin said let's ride our bikes.  So everybody went and got there bike.  everybody met at Benjamin's house.  his house was on fire.  And everybody helped Hannah called the firefighters.  It was Sunday 11:30 am.  Benjamin called the ambulance.  The end.

Ahhhhh... what happened?  Why the ambulance?  Why did Hannah need help dialing 9-1-1???  Cannot wait for the sequel to come out!

And perhaps my favorite:

"Hannah's First Lamb"
Once upon a time a Girl named Hannah was veay veay veay happy because she was going to the vet with her mom and dad.  When she got there she brought home the lamb.  The thing she allwas did was play with her lamb.  that's it.  A few week's later the lamb died.  The end.

Awww.  Poor lamb.  Wonder if it died Of Mice and Men style?  :)

*Hannah age 7, 2nd Grade

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Hannah girl. Thanks for the prayers. We love you.

Unknown said...

i laughed out loud reading her letters. Thanks for posting these!