Voting

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Not sure I want to post this...

Since getting married I have gained 37 pounds. 

Ugh.  Really?  37 pounds?

I have also gained a double chin.  Or maybe three?  But, who's counting?

I also have this fat roll around my middle that makes me gag when I look at myself in a mirror. 

My thighs are starting to touch. 

In general, I'm getting fatter and older each year. 

But, you know what else? I've gained 5 wonderful children who don't see my fatty chin and love to press on my wiggly belly.  I've gained friends who may or may not notice, but still think that I'm worth being around no matter how much weight I've gained.

Tomorrow I'm going to start running again.  I look forward to it.  Not because I have illusions of becoming a supermodel... though I wouldn't complain, mind you ... but because I feel better when I do.  My body feels better and my mind is clearer.  I'm not as easily depressed on days that I run.

Last year I made it my goal to run a 5k and I successfully accomplished that goal. 

This year I want to run a 10k.  And last year blogging about wanting to run a 5k, insured that I wouldn't give up.  So now you're my accountability partners.  So this year a 10k, next year a half marathon and who knows what after that!


No comments: