Voting

Monday, March 18, 2013

I want him to move it, move it... a little quicker.

Yesterday I received the following text from a friend:

"R u guys still thinking of adopting?  I know a family group u could adopt as long as they weren't split up."

I read it and immediately had a physical reaction.  My heart pounded a little faster and I gasped.  I had to remind myself that I was driving and I needed to get my emotions under control. 

Every time I hear of an opportunity to adopt I want to stand up and scream, "Pick me! Pick me!!!!!"

Yesterday, I feared that my heart might get too quickly attached (like always) and that if it didn't happen I would be devastated.  So I took a deep breath and silently prayed that God would protect my heart no matter the outcome and then asked Him, "Is this really it?"

A stillness filled my heart and soul.  God is protects me from my own emotions and is always good to me.

Turns out that my friend was offering her own children up for adoption!  She of course wasn't (entirely) serious and they had "straightened up" before I got the chance to take her up on the offer.

I'm not sure if God will ever see fit to let us adopt, but I do know is that He has not forgotten me.  He knows my heart and is faithful to care for it. 

But, I sure wouldn't mind if He would move a little quicker! :)

No comments: