Voting

Monday, November 5, 2012

The week after...

It's already been a week since the robbery.

An incredibly emotional and exhausting week.

Most people that I've discussed the events with come back with the same response 8 out of 10 times.  They will say, "Whew.  Praise the Lord that He was looking out for Ben! Glad it's over now and you can rejoice in that."

Yes. Praise the Lord, Ben's okay.  Yes, I know Ben's days are numbered and God holds each day in His hand.  Yes, there's no better place to be than in God's hand or in God's will.  I know, I know.  Your cliches are well appreciated.

I know that I have regurgitated these same thoughts.  But, honestly, sometimes I look at people and want to just shake my head and walk away.  Other times I want to scream, "What do you know?  Shut up!"

Maybe I'm being too hard on people.  But, the reality is that someone tried to murder my husband last Tuesday.  If you're a wife I want you to say this aloud, "Some one tried to murder my husband."  Now imagine saying that when it's true.

Glad it's over now?  In what universe is this over with now?  Today Ben called from work to tell me to call the locker and let them know how we want our pig butchered.  I hung up and Hannah looks at me and says, "Please tell me he wasn't in another chase."

Fast forward 2 hours to lunch.  Gabe is praying, "Please God, don't let anyone shoot at Daddy or his car today."  And I thought Gabe had no idea what was going on!?  Jack, who parrots everything that Gabe says, told me as I was getting him ready for his nap, "Mama, before I sleep I'm gonna pray that nobody shoots Daddy, just like Gabe does."

It's not over for us.

If you want to help please just ask how we're doing.  No advice, no wisdom, no "If I were you..."

And pray.  Pray that we will heal emotionally and that we will have the wisdom to lead our children through this...

No comments: