Voting

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I am not afraid.

I am not afraid.

When Ben decided to go back to regular duty last Friday I was not afraid.  Above all I was thankful.  I wanted to get back to normal.  I wanted him to get back on the horse.

It doesn't mean that we were okay.  It doesn't mean that we were healed from the shooting.  It doesn't mean that we were ignorant of what could have been or that we were "normal" ... we will never be accused of that!

But, my husband is a warrior.  He was born a warrior and he will always be a warrior.  He is not the kind of man to sit on the sidelines or to cower in the shadows.  He will be on the front lines and he will defend the weak against the evil of this world.  And I love that about him!  I deeply admire him and pray that our sons will have that same character. 

He is my protector and he is darn good at it.

When he graduated from the academy he promised me that he would always come home to me.  He promised that he wouldn't get shot.  And so far he has done an excellent job of keeping that promise.

When I hear Ben loading his gun in the morning I pray that God will keep him safe.  I pray that he will never have to use his gun, but if he does that He will be faster and more accurate than the other guy.  And so far God has faithfully honored that prayer.

I am proud to be a wife of a cop.  It's an honor.  I hope I wear it with half the dignity that my husband fulfills his duties as a police officer.


Officer Daddy at his academy graduation with Hannah, Benjamin and Emma.  

See, I told you he's a warrior!  And he's pretty much Hotsauce. ;)


No comments: