Voting

Monday, September 3, 2012

Turkey Bottom Haven Now Open!!! Our Total Money Makeover Journey.

The beginning inventory!

Woot woot!  I'm so excited!  The "doors" have opened for Turkey Bottom Haven (my online store) and I'm sooooo excited.  Have I mentioned that yet??

So what is Turkey Bottom Haven you may be asking yourself.  Think General Store.  Or consignment shop.  Here's the big idea.  I LURVESAUCE DECORATING.  It is a passion of mine.  I love it so much that I don't just look at Pinterest, I dream in Pinterest!  And because of that I have collected many, many, many items along the way.  You know, things that I'm going to do that will look amazing... if I ever get to it. 

Well, here's the thing.  Our TMM journey has given me the kick in the pants that I have needed to get it done.  Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) none of these wonderful things will be finding there way into our home.  They have found there way into the shop windows of Turkey Bottom Haven... my new Facebook shop.  The plan is to list as many items as possible to sell and see how it goes.  If there seems to be a good response, I'll get another kick in the pants and work on some more projects that are hanging around.  Eventually I may open an Etsy shop.

Here's the thing... I don't have a ton of inventory and my tastes will only appeal to people of similar (wonderful) tastes.  So, I've asked a few talented women to start collecting items that they would like to sell also.  My friend, Julayne, is an uber talented artist.  She plans on selling some of her paintings as well.  I have another friend, Beckie, who will be displaying embroidered dish towels, baby blankets and other items.  Then a few others who are on the fence ... you know that whole finding the time thing can really be a pain in the bum!  I'm also open to others who would like to join us on this endeavor!
So, if you haven't checked out Turkey Bottom Haven on Facebook, please do! And click that "like" button and "share" it with your friends.  It could help us towards our goal of ...


 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Awesome Opossum!!!! Good luck!!!