Voting

Monday, March 28, 2011

Cops are such jerks...


Really.  Ask anyone and they'll tell you.  Cops are jerks.  And I'm really, really, really G-rated when I say "jerks"... if you really want to know how people feel about cops get on Twitter and in the search engine enter the word "cops" and man, oh man, will you ever find out how people feel about the police.  Actually don't do it... I'll just give you a taste...

Cops muder (murder) niggas at night.

I shouldn't say that, I'm biased. I hate cops no matter what they do.

HATE the COPS.

I hate State cops but whatever., I also can hold my own.


Its funny how I hate cops, but yet I can sit n watch da show...(won't type the rest of the tweet).

Do cops really make you feel safer? When I see a cop I usually get an upset stomach even if I didn't do anything.

...dirty cops... na filthy cops

And those are the ones that I could post on my blog and still not get phone calls... and I know that first one is a little over the line... forgive me, it is important to get my point made.

Well, "call me biased" but I'm not buying it.  I happen to know a few cops, some better than others, and I for one am a HUGE FAN of the Thin Blue Line.  I know it's important to let everyone else know that you're yor strait thuggin' it and the cops can (insert explicit), but I think it's time you take some of your own advice.

5 days a week I hear my husband load his gun for work.  And 5 days a week my prayer stays the same... "Father, I pray that he won't have to use his weapon today, but if he does, I pray he is faster and more accurate than the other guy."

I know Hubs is not only well trained, but he is skilled at what he does and he's smarter than the average bear.  I know that he has 6 reasons to come home every night and I know that we serve a Mighty God who is on the side of law and order.

Today I have been beyond touched by Shawn Brams posting on Facebook about Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin, Officer Craig Birkholz who was shot in the line of duty.  I'm posting a few of his photos here and hoping that he won't mind.

What I've been especially touched by, is reading that Officer Birkholz has a young wife... a young widow now.  I've wept for her today, especially while watching a YouTube video of the funeral procession with Jeremy Camp's song, "There Will Be A Day"... the outpouring of love and support from the police community is overwhelming.  Yet, she buried her husband today and as she lays in bed tonight she'll be acutely aware of the place beside her that's empty... assuming she has the courage to sleep in their bed at all.

I don't know anything about Mrs. Birkholz.  But, I do know that she's a woman in need of prayers, tonight, tomorrow and for years to come.  Would you please take a moment to pray for her?

Do me one more favor... the next time you're pulled over by a cop, ask yourself if he's being a jerk, or if he's just doing his job.  And here's a little tip... try telling the truth without expecting to "get out of it."  I know a certain cop that would really love it if one person he came in contact with during the day didn't lie to him.  And it wouldn't hurt if you said, "Thank you".


1 comment:

Pat Dias said...

Kelly that was very well said and I too pray for both Ben and Jeff that our Lord and Savior keeps them safe and brings them home every night. I also shed tears for this brave young widow who one second had a husband and were planning their future together and the next she is alone and planning a funeral. Life is not fair and we have a hard time understanding why this has to happen.