Voting

Friday, January 27, 2012

What's Cooking? ... Part II

I really, really, really wish that I had all sorts of "After" photos for you... or even a few of the middle photos for you...
But I don't.
I did find this treasured picture of what the kitchen looked like when we bought our house 2 years ago!  Could it be any more drab or icky feeling?  I find it sterile while dirty at the same time.  I'm not a big fan of wall cabinets to begin with and being surrounded by them makes me want to give up and throw on a straight jacket! Yes, I feel that strongly about it.

Fortunately, I hardly remember it looking like this at all!

If you look at the super fuzzy photo that Hotsauce says he took ... though I think my mom took it... but that's neither here nor there... anywho... on the left side of the photo where there should be a stove, that wall is no longer there.  Opposite that wall was another smaller kitchen that had fabulous green ivy wall paper (you know you've seen that wall paper other places... ughsauce), but that room is now the room we call "the-room-with-no-name"... no joke, that's what we call it.  It will one day house a wood burning stove.  That's all we know about that room at this time!  Maybe an eat in kitchen area.  Maybe a very large mudroom with lockers.  Maybe a home school room.  Maybe an arcade.  Maybe a multimedia room with stadium seating.  Maybe the hot tub room.  Who knows?  Okay, I know the last three were made up, but we have no idea what's going on in that room that I can't even begin to describe what may be and I should really figure out the details of the current project I'm on before even trying to figure that project out!  You guys really need to keep me on track!

We returned the "Brickberry" aka salmony, organey, brownish, kinda reddish paint tonight and to the credit of the fine folks at Menards we received a full refund for both gallons of paint, even the one that I had opened!  I went in on the hunt for "Red Barn" from Sherwin Williams as suggested by a friend, but called it "Barn Red" and they couldn't do a color match for me.  Seems like a bit of a repeat of looking for "Cinnabark" and I was at a total loss.  Ben looks at me and says, "I'm not returning any more paint," in a very man-like voice and starts pulling out red paint swatches like a kid in a candy store... or better yet, like a cop in a donut shop :).  After eliminating several of his choices without really even looking at them he huffs out, "Where's the red? Really, where's the swatch that says 'red'?"  This made me giggle and lightened the mood my attitude considerably.  I finally choose "Red Gumball" from Pittsburgh Paints.  Do not attempt to look it up online.  I did this, showed it to Ben, and almost had a panic attack.

Photo from Dutch Boy's Website
Speaking of not looking things up online, I need to stop trying to find inspiration online!  I just found this picture and now wonder if I should paint the cabinets red and Ben is shaking his head no at me... I love the yellow and red together, how cheery is that?  But, red cabinets would really be hard to come back from if I didn't like it.  Oh, kitchen remodel, how you keep me up at night!



My goal for tomorrow is to get one wall painted... just one and see how brilliant I am!  Pictures coming soon... I hope!  For now, to bed with me!

Random side note: I overuse ... these wonderful dots (elipse? no, that's not right...) in everything I type.  As a matter of fact only half of them make the final draft and there are still far too many of them!  Oh well... ;)

No comments: