Voting

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Don't know much about economics...

My husband works 40 hours a week, every week. Since we've been married (almost 10 years now) he's only been unemployed for 2 days.  As in, his last day of work was on Friday of his last job and he started his job with the D.O.T. the following Monday.
I haven't worked in a little over 6 years... We sold the newspaper when I got pregnant with #3 and I haven't been "gainfully employed" since. We wanted to raise our children and not have a daycare provider raise them.  It was a personal choice that we knew would greatly effect our standard of living.  Oh my word, we had no idea!
We don't get to take fancy vacations.  85% of our clothes come from friends, neighbors and family. We don't eat out every week.  We don't have a flat screen TV, as a matter of fact we have rabbit ears on our TV, because we don't have a dish or cable.  Our newest vehicle is from 1997.  I haven't had my hair cut in 6 months.  Our children don't have IPods or smart phones, heck Hotsauce and I don't have IPods or smart phones.  I shop at garage sales, thrift shops and Goodwill... not always because I'm a pinterest freak, but usually out of necessity.
So here's my question... who among you will give a percentage of your income to help raise our five beautiful babies and fill our lives with stuff??
Of course if you have less money than me, I don't expect anything from you... and I'm not willing to give you anything that I have.  I just mean those of you who are better off than me.  I don't think it's fair that you have more.  Let's make things more fair.  You earn your money, make sacrifices, work hard... and now it's time for you to give it to me.
Does that sound fair?

No comments: